Date(s) - 10/03/2019
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Panera Bread, Porter Square
The Job Club’s next meeting will convene on Thurs. 10/3, 5:30 at Panera Bread in Porter Sq., Cambridge, for discussion of issues of interest to job seekers, job holders, and entrepreneurs.
Depending on your interests, our topics could relate to résumé revision, interview questions, career planning, motivation, building a freelance business, or time management, among others. If you could bring copies of your résumé and sample cover letter, these would help new members to understand your background and career goals.
I’ll have copies of recent learning aids, plus the following new items.
· “5 Steps to Writing a Cover Letter as a Career Changer (With Samples!)”, article by Jaclyn Westlake posted on The Muse, 9/17/’19
· “Want to Transfer to Another Job Within the Same Company? Here’s How to Actually Do It”, article by Angela Smith posted on The Muse, 9/17/’19
· “When (and How) You Can Ask to Miss Work or Leave Early (Example Email Included!)”, article by Alyse Kalish posted on The Muse, 9/11/’19
I will also have copies of the following articles on skills and education.
· “45 Numbers Highlighting The State Of AI Today”, article by Gil Press posted on Forbes.com, 7/8/’19
· “Ignore the hand-wringing. Get ready for the disruption.”, article by Khalida Sarwari posted on News@Northeastern, 8/9/’19
· “Amazon Offers Training And Career Change Paths To Thousands of Mass. Employees”, article by Miranda Suarez posted on WBUR Bostonomix, 7/11/’19
…and of this article about entrepreneurship.
· “7 Books to Help Entrepreneurs Get More Done”, article by Peter Daisyme posted on Entrepreneur.com, 9/25/’19